Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Balance...

Balance. It isn’t as tangible as some would have us believe. I’m sure there will be those of you who disagree. But hear me out…. Whenever I see a set of balanced scales, they look fabulous! They’re evenly tethered and still. Everything is linear and stable. Balanced scales don’t move. Linear, stable, and still are not words that characterize my life. My issue with balance is that it necessitates that every component find its place and alignment. I don’t know if that happens often. Over the past year or two, I’ve concluded that balance isn’t as much my goal as learning to “manage the movement” of my life. My life is constantly moving. While the scales may be managing the tension of keeping themselves still, they don’t accurately reflect the continual change that comes with everyday life and the need to shift priorities and adjust fire accordingly. This life requires a continual adapting to the moment, clarification of goals, and renewed insights. Managing the movement acknowledges that adaptability is as critical as stability. Managing the movement means that we can be very present in the moment and responsive to opportunities that present themselves and, perhaps, not fret over what was left undone or what we must let go of. I look forward to 2010 being an exciting year. I pray you’ll manage all of your movement well and/or find the balance you need. Blessings to you, Marvita

No comments:

Post a Comment