Thursday, November 12, 2009

The latest from the cutting room floor...

I love “blue red!” It’s an intense, rich red, and I rarely come across it. So, I jumped at the opportunity ot pick up this piece of fabric at Joann’s over 2 ½ years ago (I know…it’s a long time, but if you’ve read the post on persistence, you know I’m not dismayed by that). I’ll admit I was a bit intimidated because I didn’t want to ruin it and because of the weave. It’s sort of like a woven boucle. I used fusible interfacing on every piece to avoid unraveling. The pattern is Vogue 2273 (I purchased it at least 3 years ago). It has a beautiful faux welt pocket near the neckline, but I abandoned it because of the weave. I also had to make some major alterations, but it was great fun once I was over the fear factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment