Friday, February 27, 2009

The Heavens Declare Your Glory....

So, I spent last week in Hawaii on business. It has been 20 years since I last visited the island of Oahu. Of course, much has changed. What was very apparent in this rich, lush landscape, however, was the beauty of God's handiwork. The beautiful scenery immediately provoked reminders of Scripture about the majesty of our God and the wonder of His creation.



"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1



"O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!" Psalm 8:1



I was taken aback by how beautiful the vistas were. We certainly don't need to travel 14 hours to appreciate the majestic beauty God places before us every day, but the time alone in this beautiful landscape allowed me a moment to reflect on the awesome wonder of our God.

"The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; the world and all it contains, You have founded them." Psalm 89:11-12






"The heavens will praise Your wonders, O Lord; Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones." Psalm 89:5




I also hiked Diamond Head Crater. I'll admit that while I do exercise "fairly" regularly, it has been a while since a physical activity challenged me the way this one did. It brought me back to how much I miss being outdoors. The views from atop Diamond Head were breath taking and again I'm pulled back to God's Word....

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" Psalm 14:1


No comments:

Post a Comment