Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings...

I love fresh starts!  Lamentations 3:22, reminds us “it is because of God’s mercy that we are not consumed; His compassion never fails.  They are new every morning and great is His faithfulness.”  It’s a pretty AWESOME truth--with each new day, the dawn reminds us that God’s mercy and compassion begin anew for us...we get a do over or, better still, a do again.   We get another chance to pursue deeper, more intimate relationship with our heavenly Father.  We get another shot at manifesting His love in us toward others in more random and amazing ways.  We get more opportunities to say “thank You, Lord for (fill in the blank).” 

New Year is also a new beginning.  In 2009, we again have an opportunity to start fresh—with new goals, new ideas, and new clarity….  New can be good.  New can be intimidating.  New can be scary.  I’m so thankful that in all that is new, God remains faithful--to love us, provide for us, guide us, and surround us with His amazing grace. 

Blogging is new for me!  It’s an outlet to focus my own desire to leave “tangible legacies” for my family and friends.  And, at the same time, it’s a place where I hope to encourage others through the grace of Jesus Christ. I’ve chosen to focus on scrapbooking here, but I’m also a journaler—I love the clarity it can provide as well as the opportunity it gives me to articulate everything in my head and heart that may not make sense until I’ve worked through it on paper. 

The themes will change from week to week, but the desire of my heart will be the same:  to encourage you to create, inspire, dream, and record your own tangible legacies and to share my own ponderings about the matchless wonder of our awesome God! 

While the sketches and layouts may often be tied to the weekly theme, they are certainly open to various interpretations and iterations.  I decided to make a layout about the beginning of 2nd grade.  Be creative, enjoy, and share your creations through comments with direct links to your work!  Serving Christ with you and looking forward to this year’s journey, Marvita






No comments:

Post a Comment